Stickers / Decals are called by many names.
Transfer stickers is another name for ‘basically’ the same thing.
* STICKER BACKGROUND IS TRANSPARENT *
Whatever you attach a vinyl sticker to, that color will be the background
* THERE ARE THREE LAYERS TO OUR STICKERS *
* Top layer is the transfer tape, a sticky layer that holds the sticker in place while you transfer it to it’s final location.
* Middle layer is the actual sticker, which can be one or multiple pieces. The transfer tape holds all of this in place.
* Bottom layer is the ‘slick’ side that protects the sticky side of the sticker until it is ready to be applied.
SIX EASY STEPS FOR INSTALLING YOUR 541SignShop.com VINYL STICKER
Take your time and you will see just how easy it is to install your vinyl sticker. If you have any questions about your sticker or it’s installation please feel free to call us @ 541.373.7405
Clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Do not use a glass cleaner because it will leave a residue behind that will prevent the sticker from adhering properly.
Rub a squeegee or credit card firmly across the sticker through the ‘top’ clear or opaque transfer tape to prepare it for application. This ensures the sticker will cling to the transfer tape and removes any air bubbles that may have formed. Take your time with the detailed areas of your sticker or sign.
SLOWLY peel the white paper backing off the sticker. You’ll see the sticky side of the decal is now exposed. If the sticker clings to the backing, carefully replace the paper backing and repeat #2.
SLOWLY lower the sticker onto the surface. Starting on one end and smooth it out on the surface slowly from one end to the other to prevent bubbles and rippling. Again, use your straight edge on the decal to press the decal onto the installation surface.
SLOWLY peel the transfer tape off at an angle starting at a corner. Be careful not to pull the sticker off the surface. If sticker pulls away from the surface repeat #4.
Press out any minor air bubbles with your fingers or smooth straight edge tool. Your decal is now installed. Wait at least 24 hours before washing the area to insure it has set in place.